We’re looking for a React Native Developer to join our global 100% remote friendly team , who’s not afraid to straddle other parts of full JS stack.
AskSteve is a two-sided blue collar employment marketplace for the next billion users in Asia. We’re early stage funded – operating in Singapore and Jakarta – made up of hackers across continents.
We leverage chat bots, machine learning techniques and financial market dynamics to enable everyone (not just a privileged few) to be meaningfully employed. We are working towards creating a self-balancing employment platform; one that constantly monitors imbalances and motivates job seekers to new opportunities.
AWS, Lambda, NodeJS/Express and React/Redux/React-Native
across our REST API, SPA, mobile and proprietary bot engine.
Circle CI for Continuous Integration, Sentry for crash/bug reporting, Docker/Ansible for containerisation, Hockey for beta distribution and
Compose for MongoDB management. Twilio for SMS, Mailgun for programmatic e-mails and Stripe for payments.
As part of our Employer Tribe you’ll be expected to:
– Build mobile first products to help companies hire
– Drive our React Native development efforts
– Consistently deliver high-quality, tested code
– Collaborate, learn and exchange your expertise with rest of the team
– Help shape our product and processes
– Actively seek to improve our development practices
We’re looking for:
– Self-directed, egoless professionals focused on learning new stuff
– ES6 proficiency
– Experience with React Native or deep craving to learn some very quickly
– Eagerness to contribute on every level of our JS stack
– Can-do startup attitude (a must)
– Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad (we have a growing stack: backend services, chatbots, mobile, web, data and analytics, infrastructure, recommendation engines, marketing systems)
– Native mobile development experience is a huge plus
– Open source contributions or meetup/conference talks are a plus
– Work remotely in a small, product focused, global team always looking to self-improve
– Make a real difference to real people
– An opportunity to build products that have potential to change entire industries and economies
– No-bullshit, data-driven and transparent environment
– Ground floor opportunity; your voice and feedback will shape direction
– Competitive salary + equity